The Official KTRU Silly Words 1982-1984
These are the official Silly Words as recorded by
Silly Words Director John
Gladu from 1982 to 1984.
They are reproduced here as they were presented over the course of two years
on the backs of five Rice Radio Folios and transcribed by
Silly words which may have been produced in late-night Scrabble games, such as,
possibly, QWJXHZK (see AUAOAIA),
and even those that were commonly used, such as ROODFUN
(see NEMIGU and BLEGSQUA),
but did not appear in the official reports of the Silly Words Director,
are not recorded here.
Exact dates of appearance of these five sheets of paper
or any entries on them are, conveniently, forgotten.
- Four-wheel drive not permitted here.
- Various pieces of shredded tires & tubes as seen all over America's highways.
- Bennigan's Restaurant
- Creatures that take objects & hide them when noone is looking
(Where's my . . . ? It was here a minute ago . . . ),
thought by some to be invisible.
- HE'LL TIRE OF IT EVENTUALLY.
- NIRPLOOS (pl.)
- Cut-off electrical/-onic component leads.
- This is not a disc-drive.
- GLARPU (-POO)
- Swamp ThingTM comic book.
- To hassle endlessly over the check.
- The infinintely stretchy cheese-strings that reach from mouth to pizza.
- Soft tortillas.
- Total brain removal.
- To find that a doorknob is too friction-free to turn due to lubrication or lack of grip
(too much crud being carried).
- Any item or items hanging from a rear-view mirror.
- The fuzz that grows on dead fish.
- Dead bug remnants on windshield, etc.
- An excess of vowels in a Scrabble game.
- Volcanic ash fallout.
- Curved skid-marks.
- Soiled Q-Tips.
- The substance that gathers in record grooves & makes hissing noises.
- The dirt that accumulates in the untravelled parts of intersections.
- (sl.) The semi-intelligents who really think KLOL & KSRR are Bad (Ralph or Willie).
- White heat-sink compound.
- Embarrassed beyond speech.
- Wrongfully spouted nonsense.
- A reassembled Oreo (less cream filling).
- The smell of soiled underwear.
- South Yemeni nationalism.
- Fake Japanese decorations.
- Separation of shoe into its component parts.
- The ground-up crud in the bottom of cereal boxes.
- The cream removed from an Oreo.
- Disgusting molten liquid Oreo cream.
- The love of silly words.
- To love etc.
- A lover of etc.
- Accumulated dead skin (as in a cast).
- The condition of a theater floor (sticky).
- To have something adhere to your shoe
(not the adhesive, but what it holds there)
such as toilet paper.
- The substance that collects in the tines of a comb.
- To remove something from bonded storage without the necessary paperwork.
- Undissolved powedered drink (milk, etc.) residue.
- A casserole that contains hot dogs or hot dog parts.
- Whale saliva.
- Purée of lamprey.
- What you clean out of an electric razor.
- Ancient Sumerian battlecry.
- Having legs that are too short for commercially available bluejeans.
- Someone who is wearing a t-shirt that is too small.
- Drooling on a valuable comic-book.
- The state of denim just prior to failure.
- Being on hold for more than five minutes.
- The land between stations on the radio dial.
- The vehicle went over the edge.
- The downtown public library.
- The sticky dust that gathers under a car seat.
- Space between headlights where a grille used to be.
- The act of impersonating a resident of San Marino.
- To change out space-suit glove bladders.
- Thick coating of road dirt on painted surface of a car, especially wheel-well-high or lower.
- An organized system of undocumented cannibalization (as for parts).
- The improper use/form of a contraction.
- A piece of dead flesh hanging from hard palate behind front teeth
(usually incurred from hot pizza).
- Burnt raised taste buds (usually incurred by drinking hot liquids).