Board       PlayByWeb.com
The Zoo
[edit] [delete]

Lynx (Admin)
  
The Zebra exhibit is not very crowded today, leaving the faux rock outcropping relatively deserted. The man made plain below stretches before you, housing the herd of zebra.
Idly observing the zebra
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
Veronica leans on the rail overlooking the zebra, squinting against the bright sunlight. She surveys the mock African landscape below, the slight breeze rippling over her in cooling waves.
Hello
[edit] [delete]

Maynard Evers (Hunk)
  
Maynard quietly approaches Veronica from behind and says, "Hello, miss? Would you care for a drink?" He holds up and milk carton and smiles.
Oh absolutely.
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
She turns back to Maynard with a grin, but returns to her position facing the zebra as she speaks, "Ah, hello; I'm glad to see it's not yet blown up or anything. Hopefully Cyon is on his way unharmed.

Noting a beverage stand a little way off, Veronica turns back to Maynard, "I'm going to get a drink; would you like something? One of us had better wait here for Cyon, or he's liable to worry."
Cyon Arrives
[edit] [delete]

Cyon
  
Cyon arrives a little breathless. He stops and leans again the railing. Hello Maynard, is that Veronica over getting a drink, or have we lost her? Cyon smiles slightly while saying this, then asks, "Shall we join her? I'd like a drink myself, not milk though." noting milk containing Maynard is carrying.

Cyon begins to talk towards the stand and Veronica. "So, anyone find anything? I saw nothing at all myself."
A Soda
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
Veronica turns from paying the man for her soda to address Cyon, "No, there wasn't anything that I could see, either. Whoever watched us was either very good or very absent. What variety is the milk, Maynard?"
Plate numbers
[edit] [delete]

Maynard Evers (Hunk)
  
"I didn't see anyone, but I did get the license plate: 765-FGZ. It's probably a dead-end, but we should check it just in case." (Lynx, what type of milk is it?) After telling Veronica what sort of milk it is, Maynard turns to stare out over the zebra plains. "I don't think we should open it here."
Agreed
[edit] [delete]

Cyon
  
Cyon walks over to the cart and buys a water. As he drinks it, he says, "I think we should go back somewhere, my house is fine, but who has the closest?"
Mine
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
(According to the GM, mine. Sigh. Where is that map she promised? hmm? O' GM...)

"We can go to either...I think mine is closest, but you'd be without your deck. Let's go to yours, if we need anything from my house we can go there later."

Veronica walks over to a payphone a little ways off and inserts some change, calling for a taxi. She sighs as she's asked to hold, "You know, I wonder what sort of timetable we're on here."

Cyon
[edit] [delete]

Cyon
  
Cyon joins Veronica at the payphone, leaning against it's side. "Do you know which is the closet zoo entrace for us to have the taxi come to?"
We'll use the main one..
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
Veronica covers the mouthpiece, despite still being on hold.

"No, I'm going to have them use the main gate - special instructions tend to be remembered, and we don't want that. Besides, a pleasant little walk will do us some good."

"Oh, hello. Yes, that's right, the zoo. Fifteen minutes? That should be fine. Yes I know it isn't very clear, I cannot hear you very well either. Does it matter? Right, fifteen minutes, goodbye."

She hangs up the phone with a shrug and sheepish grin, taking a sip of her soda.
The carton
[edit] [delete]

Maynard Evers (Hunk)
  
Maynard joins the others at the phone. "I came on my bike, so I can leave immediately...who should carry our little dairy buddy to Cyon's? If I take it, can I get inside immediately or is there a land mine under the welcome mat?"
I hope there isn't a bug..
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
"You know, Maynard, if that milk is as old as it looks there may be bugs in it. Ought we to take it to Cyons's?"

She shrugs, "If we are, though, you can go ahead and take it...likely easier than letting a curious cab driver see a couple carrying a carton of milk, yes?"

(OOC: What time is it?)
Not very worried
[edit] [delete]

Cyon
  
Cyon begins to walk towards the main entrance of the zoo, if that is where Maynard parked. If not, he paces while speaking.

"I am not too worried about bringing it to my house. I had wanted to stake out the location to try and get information about them, not stop them from finding us. At this point they probably know where we live anyway, so lets just head to my house. I know this sounds strange, but if you look over everything that they know and could have done, little would have prevented them locating us already."

(It's about 12:30 at that moment)
Well then...
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
"It's your house, of course."

Veronica walks beside Maynard as the trio makes it's way toward the gate, "So do you have any idea what's in this, or is it impossible to determine?"

She brightens a bit, "At least now we have 'the full story', at least as far as what they're telling us."
The contents
[edit] [delete]

Maynard Evers (Hunk)
  
"Oh yes, I know what's inside." He lowers his voice a bit, "Our assignment." He makes a slashing motion across his throat with his thumb.
Reaching the Gate
[edit] [delete]

Cyon
  
Cyon reaches the gate along with Maynard and Veronica, unless they stopped for something.

"Well, here we are. I don't think there is any good way for you to get into the house Maynard, but we will get there at the same time if you wait with us till the Taxi arrives."

Cyon watches the road, "I guess this will be it, once we reach my house and open that. I must say, I am looking forward to this."
Yes.
[edit] [delete]

Veronica Alder
  
"Yes. Things will move quickly now, though I know not to where. Until we meet again, Maynard."

She parts with Maynard at the curb with a slight bow as they enter the taxi.
Board       PlayByWeb.com